Let’s face it, refractory work can be dangerous. Safety is paramount to our mutual success. At URS, we strive to create a culture of safety throughout all aspects of our company.
Our employees, customers, community, and families share a common bond and are entitled to a safe work environment at all times. We accomplish this through training from external and internal sources, safety policies and programs, documentation, and follow up. We strive to stay up to date and compliant with regulations for our industry. We review our programs internally, audit programs with third-party safety resources, and train our employees work work safe no matter the job.
URS regularly evaluates our safety protocols to ensure continuous improvement to our programs and procedures. To make sure that our core beliefs are communicated throughout our workforce, we conduct:
- Weekly safety toolbox talks at our main facility and job sites.
- An annual “Safety Update Day” to review safety procedures with all employees, perform respirator fit testing, lock out/tag out audits, fork truck certifications, hearing conservation testing, and safe driving audits.
- Review and retrain all of our safety programs annually.
- Annual review internally and through third-party safety audits of our safety programs.
- Regular safety audits of cast shop and job sites to maintain a proactive approach to working in a safe manner at all times.
- Safety training for any new hire prior to working on the shop floor or at a job site.
- Specialized training from our partners as needed or when new situations arise.
URS utilizes partnerships with varying agencies and partners to stay up to date on safety information, policy development, and current regulations to keep our policies and procedures current. In addition, we are registered and annually updated with third-party safety companies which review our programs, drive improvement in those programs, review our OSHA logs, and our insurance information. URS is registered with:
- NEW – ISNetworld, a third-party safety auditing company that screens contractors for large companies worldwide. We currently hold a scorecard rating of A with our connected customers.
- Purchasing Services Co., which utilizes a safety qualification system to assess risk for our customers.
- Avetta, (formerly BROWZ). a global supply chain risk management solutions company audits and qualifies contractors for several large companies worldwide. We are pre-vetted in their system for quick compliance connection with members.