Refractory Laborers– We are seeking candidates with mechanical aptitude and/or construction background to work in our production facility in Newark, NY. Will be responsible to complete tasks related to the manufacturing and fulfillment of customer orders.
Description of Duties:
- On the job training for manufacturing associated with making precast shapes
- Previous work history in construction trades (carpentry, masonry, construction, mechanics, welding, concrete) desired, refractory experience preferred
- Safety training (OSHA 10 preferred)
- Attention to detail, ability to follow guidelines and procedures for tasks
- Able to accurately read a tape measure (both in metric and standard units)
- Ability to learn and retain new skills and knowledge
- Working as a team to fulfill customer orders in an accurate and timely manner
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to complete basic math functions
- Ability to communicate (written, verbal)
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery
- Ability to be a team player and meet deadlines
- Ability to work occasionally near mechanical parts and in high places
- Ability to pass an drug screening
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, handle, and feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds independently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, steel toed work boots, hardhats, and occasionally respirators. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- RESPIRATOR USE IS REQUIRED FOR SAFETY. Candidate must be able to obtain medical clearance to wear a respirator and have a clean-shaven face to properly fit a respirator.
- Exposure to cold temperatures in the winter and hot temperatures in the summer. Working outside on occasion.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, sometimes high. Hearing protection sometimes required.
We are looking for laborers with previous experience, including vocational training or 2 year technical programs focusing on construction trades to be leaders in our production facility. We are also willing to train the right candidate, even with no previous experience.
Must have reliable transportation and the ability to pass a background check.
Employment ApplicationAll applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, citizenship or immigration status or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative. All applicants will be tested for illegal drug use prior to employment.
Back to Careers